General mill recruiting freshers/experienced as quality coordinator
Title: Quality Coordinator
Department/Function: ITQ (Food Technology)
Relevant Experience: 0-5 yrs
· 0-5 years of relevant experience in packaging, food science, and/or related fields. Packaging degrees/ work experience is preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver outstanding results
· Demonstrated critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Speaks, reads and writes English fluently
· Experience dealing with diverse teams – multinational experience a plus
· Experience with IS systems — SAP-based systems a plus
§Attention to detail and accuracy
§Judgment in handling confidential information
§Initiative with the ability to work both independently and in team settings
§Organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks daily, deliver work on time.
§Strong problem solving and analytical skills – provides ideas and/or proposes solutions
§Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft suite of software.
§Aptitude to learn new systems
§Understand, develop and utilize technical information and consult with technical experts
§Work collaboratively to improve business processes
§Strong desire for continuous improvement.
§Deliver clear, concise communication to business partners at all levels of the organization
§Bachelor’s degree in Packaging, food science, or a related scientific field, advanced degree preferred
Job Location: Maharashtra – Mumbai
Shift Timings: 1.30 pm – 10.30 pm
Roles & Responsibilities:
Every raw material used to produce our North American products must have a specification that serves as part of the contract between GMI and our suppliers. The specification also details the information needed internally by Sourcing, R&D, Quality, and Manufacturing to order, ship, store, evaluate, handle, and trace these materials. Depending on the material, this information includes a range of technical characteristics provided by a variety of internal and external resources. Once this is gathered, the initial specification and supporting documentation is entered into a secure GMI PLM system for ongoing reference. The specifications are updated regularly as cost savings initiatives, product reformulations, and/or vendor changes are implemented.
· Generate all types of new BMN’s (Base Material Number) for new packaging materials
· Add new BMN’s to existing specifications
· Create new specification “parts”
· Conduct basic specification revisions– manage category of materials as skills increase
· Creation and maintenance of system documentation for packaging specifications
· Update drawing specifications as needed
· Consolidate packaging test methods as needed
· Update and manage all legal guarantees from suppliers
· Generate & publish Material Not use Report. Archive obsolete package material specifications, BMN’s and inactive vendors
· Flag Q-info records for deletion
Report Weekly Packaging Supplier Performance and as requested
Ingredients and Packaging Specifications
Audit work of self and others for accuracy
Back-up others on job tasks, as needed
Document work processes and improvements
Identify ways to improve processes and system and implement changes
Conduct special project work as requested both independently and as part of a team. Demonstrates success on a portion of a larger project or task.
Masters basic and routine tasks on Specifications & train new team members.
Developes an understanding of the Business & Performs well under time and budget pressure.
Shows “directed” creativity and initiative