HP Recruiting IT Entry level Incident Support Analyst
Job Description – IT Entry Level Incident Support Analyst (Windows-UNIX/Linux) – Incident Resolution Center (Recent College Grad) (982624)
IT Entry Level Incident Support Analyst (Windows-UNIX/Linux) – Incident Resolution Center (Recent College Grad)-982624
As a member of this global IT Infrastructure Operations team, you will work in a highly dynamic, fast changing and fluid work environment.
The Incident Resolution Center provides front-line system administrator for mission critical HP-UX/Linux and Windows systems and infrastructure.
You will contribute by providing operations support to system alerts generated by our monitoring tools, web forms and internal customers; ensuring on-going support of the infrastructure operations, ensuring day-to-day support of the domain and components supported are maintained, optimized and used effectively within a high level of availability.
Qualified candidates must have graduated within the past 12 months or should be graduating in the Spring of 2013.
HP will not sponsor individuals for immigration benefits in this position
1. Bachelor’s (undergraduate) degree in a technical/scientific discipline or engineering diploma or other degree/diploma with major in IT.
2. Candidates qualified either for one or the other skills (Unix/Linux or Windows), not all are required.
Required BCS (Unix/Linux) specific:
Technical troubleshooting skills and Knowledge in some or all of the following; Infrastructure solutions: HP-UX and Linux, Web hosting support – Print environments and Web hosting troubleshooting (Apache/Tomcat).
High Availability and Performance in HPUX/Linux support:
• OS troubleshooting and error processing
- Understands the NTP process
- Understands the UNIX/Linux file system structures and how they are used
- Understands booting processes (both single user and multiuser modes)
• Account provisioning
• Cluster management (plus -desire Knowledge)
- Understands Service Guard and Veritas cluster managers
• Volume Managers (plus – desire knowledge)
- Understands reduction and growth of logical volumes for both Veritas and LVM.
• Enterprise print
• Web hosting
- Weblogics administration
Required Windows specific:
• Operational experience with Windows Server Virtualization utilizing VMware and CITRIX
• Knowledge with the Windows server operating systems including Windows 2000, 2003 and 2008.
• Knowledge in Web Infrastructure Support with a focus on Web Server Products and specifically Microsoft’s
• Knowledge Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 and 7.x.support and troubleshooting of running applications on client
• Internet and Intranet web servers.