Marriott recruiting freshers as Finical controllers
Vice President, Sales & Marketing-1300045U
: Sales & Marketing
: CHN-China-Hong Kong-Asia/Pacif/Australia Region
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that’s right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 18 brands you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Marriott.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
· Leads and facilitates the delivery of sustainable business results against growth and profitability objectives.
· Executes strategies and actions to exceed guest expectations, deliver high quality sales support resulting in increased market share.
· Focuses on building the Continent’s top line revenues by strategically aligning sales opportunities and best practices across the continent. Works with the CSMO and the Continent leadership team to deliver and communicate a consistent strategy against sales deployment and activities.
· Delivers against balanced scorecard and discipline initiatives to drive revenue and increase market share.
· Leads the Global Sales Effectiveness initiative with support from the GLS organization.
· Integrates managed and franchised hotels into continent sales strategies.
· Plays a lead role in managing pre-opening sales staffing and logistics, pro-forma, and presentations to prospective developers and owners regarding Sales.
· Assists in the evaluation and approval of development and conversion opportunities.
· Is a strategic business partner to the CSMO, COO and Continent team.
· Provides leadership within the Sales GLS Organization, in providing input and execution to corporate initiatives.
· Provides strategic leadership for On-Property, EBC and Market Sales Leaders
· Leads Sales Forums for all of sales leadership to communicate best practices, direct on strategic issues and drive results.
· Advises CSMO, COO , Continent team and GMs, Director of Sales & Marketing and GLS on existing and evolving business and operation issues.
· Serves as a market change agent and provides oversight in the implementation of related programs and key global sales initiatives in the market.
· Accomplishes desired results by setting priorities and leveraging resources and other parts of the organization.
· Holds high performance expectations, willingly owns results, and holds others accountable. Assigns clear accountability, and provides both the authority and resources to ensure that individuals deliver desired contributions and results. Monitors implementation to assure success and accountability for results.
· Puts in place early warning systems and appropriate metrics to identify and manage business and financial risks.
· Develops processes to enhance communication and sharing of best practice in the Continent. Coordinates and direct work groups to address common issues.
· Is responsible for Pre-Opening Sales & Marketing for pipeline hotels in the Continent.
· Builds effective working relationships with internal (Continent teams, GLS org) and external groups (customers, partners).
· Works closely with CSMO, COO, VPBME, VPRM and GSO to increase revenues and gain market share for all sales segments.
· Works in partnership with the Development and Feasibility team to provide input on hotel projects in the Continent, not only locations, but scope and Performa.
· Sells ideas persuasively and influences without direct authority. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations, settles differences, and wins concessions without damaging relationships.
Generating Talent & Organizational Capability
· Hires, retains, and continually develops diverse, high-caliber talent that makes a strong positive impact on the organization. Anticipates future talent needs based on business plans. Develops plans to address skill and resource gaps. Actives participant in the development of a global pipeline of operations talent.
· Maintains high performance levels in the region by hiring the best, coaching & developing, ensuring everyone understands the expected contributions, addressing performance issues and aligning performance and rewards. Provides feedback and coaching to the Area Directors of Marketing and Continent team.
· Motivates and inspires Sales Associates and drives recognition programs for the Continent.
· Manage and facilitate sales workforce planning for Asia/Pacific and be an active participant in the Global Workforce Planning process.
· Transfers functional knowledge and develop sales skills and understanding of other discipline managers.
Learning/Applying Personal Expertise
· Promotes an organizational environment that rapidly assimilates new information to improve business performance through assertive leadership, and creates a culture of candor.
· Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal, professional and unit growth.
· Keeps abreast of newest trends and innovations in the industry & sales and marketing field. Shares learnings.
· Seeks and welcomes feedback. Takes action to enhance performance based on experiences & coaching.
· Understands sales and marketing, brand standards, along with applicable regulations, and their potential impact on the business.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
· 15+ years of progressive International sales and marketing experience
· Lodging/hospitality industry knowledge preferred
Skills and Knowledge
· Excellent sales and marketing skills including experience with; direct property sales, multiple sales channels and segments, strategic account management, above property reactive and proactive sales, integrated GSO activities, customer engagement, etc.
· Superior leadership skills and strong motivational skills
· Proven team building skills and experience in developing talent
· Possess a working understanding of financial and development opportunities, must be able to evaluate pro-forma forecasts
· Experience evaluating business trends and developing and successfully implementing new business programs and strategies that enhance multi-unit business performance
· Demonstrated success in evaluating risks and developing proactive strategies and plans to mitigate business issues
· Knowledgeable in managing owner relation issues is preferred
Education or Certification
· Bachelor’s degree in related areahttp://vacancyhub.com/wp-admin/post-new.php
· Graduate degree, e.g., MBA or related degree preferred
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
: Jan 30, 2013, 7:32:19 AM